Weekly Information from Ensemble – May 31, 2019
I am going to try a weekly or bi-weekly information post for families of upcoming events that might be of interest to families and requests. This will also be the basis for a regular email that also goes out to families.
- The Southwestern Ontario Conductive Education program has been in contact with us to share the following message for families still interested in their services, “As it stands now we still have 4 spaces available in the Sarnia program and 4 in the new location in our London program and would appreciate if you know of any families that can take advantage of this program, your passing on the word. There are also 1-2 spaces in the Chatham and Windsor programs. I have attached the flyer information and we will continue to honour the early bird discounted price for all new applicants.” The flyer, new location flyer pdf.
- A local church, Heritage Park Alliance, is offering culinary courses this summer for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The flyer, cooking classes .
- An painting class is being offered at Community Living Essex County, June 11th, being taught by artist Brianne Taggert. The flyer, Painting Flyer - Jun 11.
- There is a Summer BBQ and Dance on June 15th. The flyer, Summer BBQ and Dance .
- The Care and Share Family Network from Wallaceburg has invited any interested Ensemble families to attend their family BBQ and picnic being held at Mitchell’s bay on June 22nd at 12 pm. The details are on their website, https://careandsharefamilynetwork.ca/.
- Windsor Essex Family Network has invited families to attend their local viewing/participation in the Integration Action for Inclusion Challenging Assumptions day on June 8th from 9-2pm. The flyer, Challenging Assumptions Windsor location-Final.
- I am also attaching the Community Resources Page from Canadian Mental Health Association of Windsor-Essex as a resource, 2018-Community-Resources CMHA.
- Upcoming Partners for planning webinars, http://www.planningnetwork.ca/en-ca/Events
- An excellent opportunity to hear a webinar, by Janet Klees, Building a Context for Relationships, June 3rd. You are still able to register, https://goodthingsinlife.mykajabi.com/janet_klees_event.
- A family has been in contact and is looking for other Christian/religious clubs similar to the Friendship Club offered at St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Tecumseh on Thursday nights.
- We are still have a family looking for a respite worker, so if you know of someone, please connect them with me at the ensemble office.
Have a great weekend everyone!